Covid-19 outbreak has resulted in serious problems and restrictions in Italy and worldwide these days. We sincerely wish our authors are not directly affected.
Please be advised we could confirm ICTON dates only when the international travel becomes available and safe. The time being we offer our authors the flexibility with submission and registration deadlines.
ICTON 2020 Organising Team
July 19-23, 2020*
(*dates to be confirmed)
The National Institute of Telecommunications, former Department of Transmission and Optical Technologies in Warsaw, together with the Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica e dell’Informazione - Politecnico di Bari, and the IEEE Photonics Society Poland Chapter are pleased to announce the 22nd International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks ICTON 2020 in Bari, Italy, July 19-23, 2020. Organized with the co-sponsorship of Società Italiana di Ottica e Fotonica (SIOF), the European Optical Society (EOS) Italian Branch. Technical co-sponsorship by the IEEE Photonics Society is foreseen.
Being the capital of Puglia region, Bari is filled with historical sites and cultural events, with its emblematic attractions: Cathedral of St. Sabinus, Basilica of Saint Nicholas, Teatro Petruzzelli and Teatro Margherita di Bari just to list few examples. Bari is easily reachable by plane, the airport of Bari-Palese is just 10 km from the city centre. Unesco World Heritage Site Alberobello is just a stone's throw away!
The scope of the Conference and co-located events is focused on the applications of transparent and all-optical technologies in telecommunications, computing, sensing, and novel fields. Conference topics include:
- Molecular photonics
- Nonlinear optics
- Digital all-optical networks
- Ultra-dense wavelength-division multiplexing
- Ultra-fast optical time domain multiplexing
- Next generation networking
- Optical switching and routing
- Optical packet networks and services
- Optical memories and data storage
- Optical transparency and network scalability
- Network reliability and availability
- Wireless and optical networking
- Free-space optical communications
- Radio-over-Fibre transmission
- Broadband metro and access networks
- Market in telecommunications
- Microwave photonics
- Photonic band-gap structures
- Photonic crystal fibres
- Nonlinear and active PBG devices
- Nanoscale and ultrafast photonics
- Quantum communications
- VCSELs and other novel light sources
- Fibre lasers
- Microresonators and photonic molecules
- Novel glasses and photonic materials
- New transmission windows
- Polarisation mode dispersion
- Photonic component integration
- Network planning and design tools
- Big data analytics and network optimization
- Non-conventional optical communications
- Sub-wavelength photonic devices
- Communication in transportation systems
- Optical microscopy and nanoscopy techniques and applications
- Optical inspection of transparent samples: quantitative phase imaging
- 3D optical imaging and display
- Polarization-resolved optical microscopy
- Image processing
- Satellite communications
- Label-free super-resolution and sensing
- 5G to 6G communications
- Other relevant topics
Authors are cordially encouraged to submit the contributions (recommended length 4 pages in MS Word accompanied by a PDF version) for Regular and Poster Sessions by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2020.
The authors will be notified on the acceptance by April 30, 2020. Post-deadline papers with hot results can be submitted till June 1, 2020.
Ambitious technical and social programs and friendly relations are traditional ICTON goals.
We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you once again, this time in Bari in July 2020!
Student Participation Chair
IEEE Photonics Society
Poland Chapter Chairman